Yes indeedy. Although now buffalos are found mainly on the plains, before their population was decimated they could also be found in the Oregon area.
I saw a movie many years ago about the long jorneys emigrants did with wagons and they had to face a group of buffalos,that's why I thought of a wheel and a buffalo. Actually I can't remember if the movie was set in Oregon but oregon often comes up when there's talk of emigrants, I'll check on some site [img]eek.gif[/img]
Cristina
Yes indeedy. Although now buffalos are found mainly on the plains, before their population was decimated they could also be found in the Oregon area.
<font size="4">She flies with her own wings!</font>
[img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]
It's CCool how that Oregon state motto sort of makes one think of Cherie and seeing as how she has been competing there, it seems even more apropos, if you ask me!
I wood imagine the competition is over by now and Cherie will be heading for home sweet home!
I am sooooo looking forward to hearing what Cherie has to say about it that I am literally beside myself here!
Gus
<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ June 19, 2005 11:04 PM: Message edited by: gus danger ]</font>
Congrats are due our Ms. Currie!
She won a medal and award for 2nd place in the "quick carve" competition! Wooohooo!
And guess what?! She got invited to another competition in Washington this week so she flew into Seattle this morning and is staying up there til next Monday! [img]graemlins/plane.gif[/img]
The location of this one looks amazing. Right on the water and next to an Indian Reservation. The theme of this week is water, so she plans to carve a mermaid and various aquatic creatures. I can't wait to see her pictures! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
Congrats Cherie on your second place prize!!!
OWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! your on a roll !
[img]wink.gif[/img]
That's awesome! You know, as much as I love Cherie's musical/acting talents, she may be just as, if not more, talented in the visual arts (via chainsaw). A truly amazing woman.
Cheers.
-cc-
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's FANtastic news times two rocketmaster!Originally posted by rocketmaster:
Congrats are due our Ms. Currie!
She won a medal and award for 2nd place in the "quick carve" competition! Wooohooo!
And guess what?! She got invited to another competition in Washington this week so she flew into Seattle this morning and is staying up there til next Monday! [img]graemlins/plane.gif[/img]
The location of this one looks amazing. Right on the water and next to an Indian Reservation. The theme of this week is water, so she plans to carve a mermaid and various aquatic creatures. I can't wait to see her pictures! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
Way to go Cherie! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
Did she mention what she chose to carve for the part of the contest with the Oregon Trail theme?
Onward and Upward to Washington she goes!
What a GRRREAT Gal!
[img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl.gif[/img]
Gus
I think she won the award for a relief carving of a teepee, like the ones on her site. They only gave them 90 minutes to complete each quick carve and then they auction them off to benefit the festival.
For her big project she carved a pioneer woman bathing by a waterfall. They're allowed to keep their big carvings so Cherie will be bringing that one home.
She said it rained for the first few days she was there and the Echo Chainsaw reps there were really nice and put up a tent over her head while she was working. What a kind gesture! Cheers, Echo!
[img]graemlins/martini.gif[/img]
Thanks for the additional info rocketmaster!
I look forward to seeing Cherie's "pioneer women bathing by a waterfall" for sure!
I wonder if she was able to work with a familiar type of wood.
My special thanks to the folks at ECHO for keeping Cherie dry during the first couple days!
They sound like way good Cherie Peeps to me!
Later,
[img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
Gus
Congrats Cherie for the prize! Great work !!! I wait for pictures soon [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img]
Cristina
Bookmarks